There is a clear difference in planned career graphs and non planned ones. I analyzed some of the people's careers in close acquaintances, and it was evident that those who were quite clear about their choices from an early age were on the right career track at the right time, whereas those who thought about the options at the last moment clearly missed the bus and had to be content with whatever was available! 

Now here comes the responsibility of the parents, no doubt we should not pressurize or impose our thoughts on the children but it is our duty as parents to expose them to the various career choice available and the ways to achieve them. 

Creating a regular discussion forum kind of ritual in the family in which children can discuss their career choices, inclinations and plans with their parents would be amazing to start with. This will enhance the communication between the parents and the children and the parents will be able to arrange the information required in a much better way. 

The forum system can be started as early as when your children are in their pre-teens and the initial year discussions can revolve around what the children want and parents can introduce them to various options available.

Later when they become more clear and specific in their choices they can be given the following information in detail- 

A) Most updated list of career options available 
B) Which stream of studies is required for the chosen option 
C) Which resources are required to collect information –how to gather information from reliable and authentic resources 
D) How to be decisive and firm about the chosen option
E) Analyzing the strengths & weaknesses of  the chosen option
F) How to be careful about the choice of institutes

Comments

  1. it's nice to see a post like this because I know my mom was never there for me and I've just recently been making good choices myself. I don't believe that I've missed the bus (or if I did, it wasn't completely my fault) and I still have high hopes that I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Saguaro Lunacy ,thanks for your comment! and I can clearly make out that you have tremendous will power,Indeed you CAN accomplish anything you put your mind too!all the very best...do keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

playway Vs.traditional system of kids' education